Mugua River Gorge
Waterfalls & Swimming Holes Adventure
Get Ready For an Epic Day on our Incredible Mugua River Gorge Tour!
Prepare yourself for Taiwan’s spectacular Mugua River Gorge! We’ll spend the day swimming in a number of the most pristine blue rivers and waterfalls you’ve ever seen and hiking through the verdant jungle. As you may have heard, famed local tourist spot Mugumuyu (aka Mugumuki) has been closed for a few years now… but fear not! In the same valley we’ve tracked down several amazing rivers of equal azure blue water. This is a truly wonderful way to experience the forests, waters and culture that make this part of Taiwan so special.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This adventure includes several significant elevation rises on rocky terrain and requires good physical fitness and decent balance. Those with leg or balance issues, children under the age of 6, and adults over the age of 60, are kindly asked to consider a different tour. Thank you!
- Take a jungle hike to secluded swimming holes in the verdant Emerald Valley
- Enjoy an invigorating shower under Zimu Waterfall
- Visit a traditional Truku tribe Machete Workshop
- Relax at lunch beside gorgeous Liyu Lake
- Sample the areas traditional “Live Shrimp in Special Sauce” if you dare!
- Take an after lunch swim in the refreshing Miyawan River
- Hike up to visit stunning Rainbow Falls (road conditions and time permitting)
Photos from the Adventure!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Pick up and drop off at your hostel or hotel in Hualien|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 3:30-4 PM.|
|WEAR/BRING||Comfortable clothing, walking shoes, a swimsuit, a towel, a water bottle, a hat, bug spray, sunscreen and money for food, drinks and/or souvenirs.|
We look forward to you joining us!!
8AM: Hotel Pickup
Jungle Trek to Zimu Falls
Exploring Emerald Valley
Lunchtime at Liyu Lake!
Visit to Truku Machete Workshop (Seasonal)
4PM return to Hualien hotels
*All itineraries are subject to change due to weather, time or closures.