Throughout the day we will visit numerous sacred places and learn about the religions and superstitions of Taiwan. Who is the fishermen’s Sea God? Who is the Monster of Chinese New Year? What is Ghost Month, and why shouldn’t you whistle after dark?! These and many other questions will be answered as you take a spiritual tour of beautiful temples, sacred shrines and even visit a fortune teller to have your fate revealed!
Itinerary highlights includes:
• Visits to Taoist and Buddhist Temples for incense ceremonies
• A walk through Chishingtan Beach Graveyard to learn about the tombs
• Visit to the temple of a Chinese Folk Religion
• Stop at a fortune teller to learn your fate!
• Learn the significance of Dragon Boats at Liyu Lake
• Lantern lighting at spectacular Shen’an Temple at sun down
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Pick up at Hualien hostel or hotel|
|DEPARTURE TIME||10AM-10:30AM. Please be ready to go.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 6PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable walking clothing, hat, and sunscreen.|
We look forward to you joining us!!