Here in the subtropics, weather doesn’t always cooperate, but Island Life has you covered! We have carefully chosen a great list of the best things to do in Hualien on a rainy day. From Ornate Temples and Bustling Local Markets to Jade Polishing and Hot Spring Relaxation, a rainy day out with us is one of the best times you can have! We’ll even bring the umbrellas.
- Smell the incense and climb the dragon stairwell at the massive Gong Tian Temple
- Soak in hot spring pools in a lovely forested setting in Butterfly Valley
- Take a stroll around the beautiful Liyu Lake
- Wade in the shallow water and look for natural jade in Bai Bao Creek
- Take a turn at the wheel polishing a real piece of Taiwan Jade to take home!
- Visit a bustling marketplace and see dumplings and other treats being made!
- And so much more!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Pick up at Hualien hostel or hotel|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 4 PM.|
|WEAR/BRING||Comfortable walking clothing, swimsuit, towel, hat, sunscreen and money for food, drinks and/or souvenirs.|
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
We accept Cash, Credit Card and Paypal
100% refund on trips cancelled by (really) bad weather
Don’t just wander around town in the rain. Get out there and have an awesome time! We were in Hualien on a bit of a rainy week, and after wasting a day walking around town in the rain, we decided to take the Island Life “Rainy Day Tour”. Wow! What a great idea it was and thanks to Island Life for setting it up! The highlight was probably soaking in a hot spring pool in the rain with green mountains all around us. So much better than spending an afternoon in the hotel. Also loved the temple and the aboriginal restaurant. Iris our guide was a delight! Very, very, very highly recommended.
Hot Springs & Temples! What a great day! Stuck in Hualien on a rainy day? We can definitely recommend this tour and Island Life Taiwan to show you an awesome day. We only wished they had three different rainy day tours though as it rained our whole trip! Oh well, we will definitely come back and will be calling Island Life when we do! Ten out of ten.
Leave a Review