Prepare yourself for a relaxing and delicious day out as we stroll by Liyu Lake, look for Taiwan jade, take a walk in the Fuyuan forest, soak in Hot Springs and try delicious aboriginal cuisine. This is an unforgettable experience, not to be missed while in Hualien. For a more adventurous version of this tour that includes river swimming, be sure to also check out our Hualien Rivers & Valleys Experience.
- Start the day with a scenic stroll at beautiful Liyu Lake and take in the morning air.
- Wade in clear turquioise water and look for real Taiwan Jade (and maybe take a swim!) in Bai Bao Creek.
- Keep an eye out for monkeys and butterflies as we take a walk in Fuyuan National Forest.
- Swim & soak in the spacious outdoor natural hot spring (and cold spring) pools in the verdant Butterfly Valley.
- Walk besides lotus blossoms, fish and frogs aplenty in the Matai’an Wetlands Ecological Park.
- Sample local aboriginal food in the Cifadahan Traditional Amis restaurant. The Amis tribe are famous farmers and fishermen and here you can choose to try their “stone soup” prepared next to your table in a banana leaf bowl full of hot stones, salt crusted fish, wild local vegetables or any of a wide range of other traditional dishes. It’s an unforgettable experience!
- And more!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Hualien|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 3:30-4 PM.|
|WEAR/BRING||A camera, comfortable clothing, walking shoes, swimsuit, towel, water bottle, hat, bug spray, sunscreen and money for food, drinks and/or souvenirs.|
NOTE: Due to varying tastes, lunch is not included in the price of the tour. You can expect to pay between NT$150 and NT$600 ($5 – $20 USD) per person depending on what you order.