Winding up through the forest and high into the mountains above Taroko Gorge National Park, this incredible trail takes you through various forest ecosystems, over suspension bridges, across jungle creeks and up, up, to incredible mountain views!
Taroko Gorge National Park is widely regarded as the premier nature park in all of Taiwan. Sambar deer, countless lizard and spider species, 144 bird species, more than 250 kinds of butterfly, rivers teeming with fish, freshwater shrimp, crab, numerous species of frog and so much more fill the jungles and forests of the Gorge. Taking a walk through the forests of Taroko, it becomes pretty obvious at once that you are not alone. But if you’re looking to get away from the human crowds in Taroko Gorge, this is the trail for you!
- Hike up from the Wenshan River Valley with spectacular views to the river below
- Walk through various forest ecosystems, from fern lined gullies to vast groves of Taroko Oak trees
- Cool off in one of several creek crossings and mini waterfalls
- See the stone remains of Japanese era police outposts along a stretch of the Old Cross-Hehuan Mountain Road
- Cross mountain suspension bridges and take in breathtaking views from high above Taroko National Park
NOTE: Though anyone in good physical shape can handle the trail, the steep ascent and descent are not recommended for those with knee or leg problems. That being said, Island Life provides trekking poles for those who desire them. As always, we’ve got you covered!
This tour pairs perfectly with our standard Better Taroko Gorge Tour to show you the very best of Taroko Gorge National Park over two days. Discounts available when booking together.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Pick up at Hualien hostel or hotel|
|DEPARTURE TIME||7:30AM. We know our tour leaves earlier than the rest, but trust us, we do it to stay ahead of the afternoon cloud cover. Very much worth it.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 3:30 PM.|
|WEAR/BRING||Your passport, a camera, a full water bottle, snacks, comfortable walking clothing, hat, sunscreen and money for lunch, snacks, drinks and/or souvenirs.|
|NOT INCLUDED|| |