Prepare yourself for Taiwan’s spectacular Mugua River Gorge! We’ll spend the day swimming in a number of the most pristine blue rivers and waterfalls you’ve ever seen and hiking through epic verdant, green jungle. This is a truly adventurous way to experience the forests, waters and culture that make this part of Taiwan so special.
*NOTE: from November to March we typically don’t run this tour as the water is too chilly for swimming. As a very popular alternative, we highly recommend our fun Hualien Rivers & Valley Experience that visits some of the same beautiful rivers (without the jungle hiking) and ends the day soaking at the Butterfly Valley Hot Springs!
- Take a jungle hike to 4-5 secluded swimming holes in the mesmerizing Emerald Valley
- Enjoy an invigorating shower under Zimu Waterfall
- Visit a traditional Truku tribe Machete Workshop
- Relax at lunch beside gorgeous Liyu Lake
- Sample the areas traditional “Live Shrimp in Special Sauce” if you dare!
- Take an after lunch swim in the refreshing Miyawan River
- Hike up to visit stunning Rainbow Falls (road conditions and time permitting)
With So Much To Explore, Why Wait?!
IMPORTANT NOTES: This adventure includes several significant elevation rises on rocky terrain and requires good physical fitness and decent balance. Those with leg or balance issues, children under the age of 6, and adults over the age of 60, are kindly asked to consider our Hualien Rivers & Valley Experience instead.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Pick up and drop off at your hostel or hotel in Hualien|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 3:30-4 PM.|
|WEAR/BRING||Comfortable clothing, walking shoes, a swimsuit, a towel, a water bottle, a hat, bug spray, sunscreen and money for food, drinks and/or souvenirs.|
|NOT INCLUDED|| |
This tour operates seasonally and may be forced to cancel due to inclement weather at the discretion of Island Life. Contact us for availability. As always we offer a 100% refund for tours cancelled due to weather. Safety First! Thank you!