Prepare yourself for Taiwan’s spectacular Mugua River Gorge! We’ll spend the day swimming in a number of the most pristine blue rivers and waterfalls you’ve ever seen and hiking through epic verdant, green jungle.
This is a truly wonderful way to experience the forests, waters and culture that make this part of Taiwan so special.
- Take a jungle hike to 4-5 secluded swimming holes in the mesmerizing Emerald Valley
- Enjoy an invigorating shower under Zimu Waterfall
- Visit a traditional Truku tribe Machete Workshop
- Relax at lunch beside gorgeous Liyu Lake
- Sample the areas traditional “Live Shrimp in Special Sauce” if you dare!
- Take an after lunch swim in the refreshing Miyawan River
- Hike up to visit stunning Rainbow Falls (road conditions and time permitting)
Photos from the Adventure!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Pick up and drop off at your hostel or hotel in Hualien|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 3:30-4 PM.|
|WEAR/BRING||Comfortable clothing, walking shoes, a swimsuit, a towel, a water bottle, a hat, bug spray, sunscreen and money for food, drinks and/or souvenirs.|
|NOT INCLUDED|| |
IMPORTANT NOTES: This adventure includes several significant elevation rises on rocky terrain and requires good physical fitness and decent balance. Those with leg or balance issues, children under the age of 6, and adults over the age of 60, are kindly asked to consider a different tour. Also, this tour operates seasonally and may be cancelled due to inclement weather at the discretion of Island Life. Contact us for availability. As always we offer a 100% refund for tours cancelled due to weather. Safety First! Thank you!
At Island Life we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee on tours cancelled by bad weather!
8AM: Hotel Pickup
Jungle Trek to Zimu Falls
Exploring Emerald Valley
Lunchtime at Liyu Lake!
Visit to Truku Machete Workshop (Seasonal)
4PM return to Hualien hotels
*All itineraries are subject to change due to weather, time or closures.