Come take a trip with us through Hualien’s stunning East Rift Valley!
While Highway 11 and East Coast National Scenic Area get a lot of the hubub, our unique tour of the vibrant East Rift Valley gives you a taste of everything Taiwan’s rich interior has to offer. From the serene Liyu Lake to the beautiful bike paths of Danong Dafu Forest Park, prepare yourself for a rural day out seeing an entirely different side of Taiwan.
- Try a homemade Papaya Milk along the shores of the beautiful Liyu Lake
- Take off your shoes and hunt for real Taiwan jade in the cool waters of Bai Bao Creek
- Take a walk through a preserved Japanese era timber outpost at the historic Lintianshan Forestry Park
- Enjoy the scenery as we drive through the agricultural farmlands of the East Rift Valley Scenic Area
- Cruise the winding bicycle paths of Danong Dafu Forest Park
- Step back in time at the prehistoric Saoba Monoliths
- Straddle two climate zones at the Tropic of Cancer Marker
At Island Life we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee on tours cancelled by bad weather!
A Few Photos from the Valley!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Pick up and drop off at your hostel or hotel in Hualien|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 4 PM.|
|WEAR/BRING||A camera, comfortable clothing, walking shoes, a swimsuit and towel (in case it is hot and there is time for a river swim!) a water bottle, hat, bug spray, sunscreen and money for food, drinks and/or souvenirs.|
|NOT INCLUDED|| |
With this add on to our East Rift Valley Tour or our Butterfly Valley Tour, you can add a fun filled flight over the verdant East Rift Valley, and then over the mountains to the East Coast Scenic Area!
An Island Life Taiwan Exclusive!
8:00AM: Hotel Pickup
East Rift Valley Tour
Some possible stops include:
- Liyu Lake
- Bai Bao Creek (Jade Picking)
- Matai’an Wetlands
- Danong Dafu Forest Park (Bicycle Riding)
- Tropic of Cancer Marker
- Saoba Monoliths
- And other secret spots!