The East Rift Valley Discovery
Come take a trip with us through the inland jewel of Eastern Taiwan, the stunning East Rift Valley.
While Highway 11 and East Coast National Scenic Area get a lot of the hubub, our unique tour of the vibrant East Rift Valley gives you a taste of everything Taiwan’s rich interior has to offer. From the serene Liyu Lake to the wild Matai’an Wetlands and the beautiful bike paths of Danong Dafu Forest Park, prepare yourself for a rural day out seeing an entirely different side of Taiwan.
- Try a homemade Papaya Milk along the shores of the beautiful Liyu Lake
- Take off your shoes and hunt for real Taiwan jade in the cool waters of Bai Bao Creek
- Take a walk through a preserved Japanese era timber outpost at the historic Lintianshan Forestry Park
- Enjoy the scenery as we drive through the agricultural farmlands of the East Rift Valley Scenic Area
- Keep your eyes out for water lilies, orchids and wildlife in the Matai’an Wetlands
- Cruise the winding bicycle paths of Danong Dafu Forest Park
- Step back in time at the prehistoric Saoba Monoliths
- Straddle two climate zones at the Tropic of Cancer Marker
At Island Life we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee on tours cancelled by bad weather!
With So Much To Explore, Why Wait!
A Few Photos from the Valley!
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Pick up and drop off at your hostel or hotel in Hualien|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 4 PM.|
|WEAR/BRING||A camera, comfortable clothing, walking shoes, water bottle, hat, bug spray, sunscreen and money for food, drinks and/or souvenirs.|
We look forward to you joining us!!
8:00AM: Hotel Pickup
East Rift Valley Tour
- Liyu Lake
- Bai Bao Creek
- Matai’an Wetlands
- Danong Dafu Forest Park
- Tropic of Cancer Marker
- Saoba Monoliths
- And other secret spots!